Thursday 18 June 2015

12th April 2015 - Glastonbury, Cheddar, Burnham-On-Sea, Dunster,


Always loved Glastonbury, and although on this trip I'm trying to visit mainly places I've not been before, just had to return to Glastonbury. There's a great Car Park near town, even has somewhere to park the hairy lads when hot, some great shade. I do think it depends on what car/vehicle you have as to leaving dogs in cars. Personally I wouldn't do it in a normal car, but in the Mitsubishi Delica I'm happy to leave them parked in shade. With blackened windows at back, curtains and sun shades, water, toys, a cool space on the floor, they seem happy enough. The loos here just crack me up. Soon as you go in, a voice says "you have 15 mins before you have to leave this cubicle, failure to do so will engage the alarm system!!" Tempted to stay 16 mins and see what happens. First time you hear it, can be a tad scary!! 
     Love the shops in town. Real cafe culture too. Nowhere else do you find the variety, and the amount of magical, mystical, and the amazing. If you've never been, the shops alone are worth a visit, along with the Abbey and the Tor. Lots of myths surround here, King Arthur, Leylines and much much more. Visited one of my favourite shops, "Witchcraft Shop" Cat And Cauldron, purchasing "A Wisewomans Guide, To Spells, Rituals, and Goddess Lore" right up my street, or should I say mystic path!! Say hello to Trevor, ace chap!! 
      I was lucky to meet a lovely lady here, Sue. Who also had a Lurcher, and had been travelling in a Camper for 4 years. I have a long way to go!! Very inspirational lady, who made me think. Could I still be doing this 4 years down the line? Could spend forever in Glastonbury, my sort of place, but have to move on, onto the Cheddar Gorge. 




  Not far from Glastonbury, the Cheddar Gorge. The road runs right through the Gorge creates an awesome spectacle. Cheddar itself was absolutely heaving, probably being Sunday didn't help!! There's plenty of Parking spaces further up the road to view the Gorge. I even saw a Parking Warden climbing his way steadily up the steep hill, so be warned, altitude did not deter him!! 
    Next was to find a nice spot to park up. Tried Burnham On Sea, not one of my most favourite places if I'm honest!! Along the coast to Dunster, Dunster Castle, still nothing so ended up getting my sleep in layby on A396. 

No comments:

Post a Comment